Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where to Buy Havaianas

There are loads of stores in town which sell "Havaianas" for cheap. I found out from a friend recently that they're probably "Paraguay", which has become synonymous with "counterfit" and "garbage", so I asked here for the lowdown on the good stuff.


Turns out there are two places in town where you can be sure to get real, quality Havaianas.


Today I checked out the first one, and bought my very first pair!

Welcome to Estilo Brasil, located at Rua Washington Viana #30, loja 1, just off the main road in Centro, just a bit south of the Princesa Marcado. Phone #(22) 2764-2119.

They have a nice selection of women's, men's and children's styles, including some super cute kids sandals with the straps across the heels. The prices were good, roughly between R$15 and R$32 (About $9 to $20 American) depending on how fancy you want to get.

The employee I met today was super friendly and helpful. They don't speak English, but how much Portuguese do you need to point and pay? Not much, and you get to walk away with super cute sandals that will last you a while.

UPDATE: Today while walking in Centro I found the sister store. They have two locations, and both look the same from outside. The address of the second store is:
Rua Maria Leticia #89 loja 5
Tel: (22) 2764-2995

The store is located just off Praia do Centro on a pedestrians-only side street.
On the right is Simone, the owner of both stores. On the left is Joana, her employee. Both were so friendly and helpful, I'll make sure to take my daughter back here for her first pair when she is here visiting next month.

And yes. I bought another pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment